LEARN HOW TO SAIL @ SAYC!
The SAYC Intermediate Learn to Sail clinic consists of a six-hour day filled with classroom lessons, a rigging refresher, two long water sessions, a knot tying lesson, and ends with a de-rigging and thorough de-brief. In the intermediate clinic you will learn these skills on the Flying Scot and Hobie Getaway sailboats:
Upwind Efficiency and Tacking Proficiency
Downwind Efficiency and Gybing Proficiency
Docking and Beaching
Rigging and De-rigging Refresher
Rules of the Road (on Figure 8 Course)
Basic Knot Tying (figure 8, bowline, cleat hitch)
Breakdown of the day is as follows:
1. 1 hour of on-land instruction, including points of sail and sail trim overview, rigging re-fresher, and dock/beach launching steps
2. 1.5 hours of on-water sailing
3. 1 hour lunch break Q&A and rotate boats
4. 1.5 hours of on-water sailing
5. 1 hour of de-rigging & de-brief + knot tying session
Participants will sail both the Flying Scot and Hobie Getaway. Please bring your PFD, closed-toe shoes, water bottle and sunscreen. Optional items include hats, towel, and a change of clothes.
*Please read and sign our Liability Waiver here, and bring with you on the day of.