Sail Camp - Opti II (Ages 8 - 12)
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 3:00pm
Sail Camp - Opti II is designed for intermediate and advanced Opti sailors only. Prior sailing experience is required. In order to register for Opti II, your sailor must know:
- Parts of the boat
- Steering, body positioning, and sailing mechanics
- Capsize and recovery
- Launching and docking
- Points of sail and sail trim
- How to tack and gybe
- Basic rules of the road
- Beach landing and safety position
- Proper cleaning and stowing of sailing equipment
While daily Sail Camp structure varies by program, your child will have two on-water sessions per day, including swim breaks, snack breaks, a lunch break, and daily knot tying sessions before dismissal.
*Skill levels are assessed on the first day of camp. If your child has not participated in our Sail Team program or does not have racing experience, their first week of camp must to be in the Opti I group. If it is determined that your child needs to be in a different group, you will be notified.
Each sailor will receive their Sail Camp shirt on Thursday afternoon pick-up. Friday is Sail Camp shirt day - every camper should wear their shirt all day.
SAYCSC Sail Camp Handbook and QR code sent upon registration. Please read through Handbook and save QR for daily pick-up and drop-off.
Summer Sail Camp FAQ
Once you find a program for your child to attend, here’s how registration works:
For ALL sailors 17 and younger:
- Click the 'Register' button under pricing options.
- Sign up with the sailor’s first and last name, but use parent or legal guardian email address
- Each child will require their own free membership account
- It’s OK to reuse the parent or legal guardian’s email address for multiple sailors
- Once payment is received for a program, a membership account will be created for you that gives you access to your sailor’s profile and course documentation, including SAYCSC Sail Camp Handbook.
- You must sign into your membership account and update your sailors emergency contacts, date of birth, etc.
- Signed waivers and forms can be uploaded via your membership profile or brought to the first day of programming.
Once your sailor has a profile, it becomes very simple to sign up for additional programming, manage your email preferences, check out upcoming events, and stay connected!
For scholarship information, please follow this link.